"哈妮好朋友的寵物天堂"



Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Does your dog pee in the rain?

It can be really frustrating trying to get Honey and Arielle to pee in the lightest rain. They simply refuse and look at me like I'm insane for bringing them out at all. Put Arielle in a raincoat and she won't even move! However Audrey, a gorgeous black lab we are looking after right now, doesn't care about the rain at all and does what she needs to right at the beginning of her walk. 
I vow that if I ever adopt a younger dog, I will teach it to pee and poo on cue...like Dr Ian Dunbar suggests. Teaching Honey and Arielle to pee and poo on cue, as mature adult dogs, could actually take up to a year to achieve! Interesting challenge though! 
Recently I've been teaching Honey and Arielle to pee and poo on leash, with varying degrees of success. They are used to going off-leash, but seeing as we are going away for 2 weeks at the end of August, and someone else will have to take care of them, we are training in earnest! And on this note....giving Honey a food treat when she is peeing doesn't always work! She often refuses as if she is saying " Not now! Can't you see what I'm doing?"
http://dog-training.helium.com/how-to/13756-how-to-teach-a-dog-to-potty-on-cue

No comments: